Thursday, June 5, 2008

TECHNOLOGY

I've only recently started to update my life with new technology. For example, a little over a year ago, I started using a DVD player and finally bought my first cell phone! I prefer going out to see a movie and I don't like having a phone with me.
However, there is some fairly new technology that I really appreciate. Email is a great way to keep in touch with people. It saves phone calls and postage. I have a friend in Australia. We are able to keep in touch easily, thanks to email! Also, I am able to plan my vacations on line. Instead of making numerous phone calls to travel agents, airlines and hotels, I am able to go to one site, like Expedia, and find the best deals.
I still don't know a lot about using computers. When I went to school, we were still using manual typewriters! I'm learning more every day and starting to really appreciate the technology that is available to us.

No comments: